Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Linkages (?)

I'm not sure what to call these things, but I think they may need adjusting:

Here is what it looks like installed, it goes at the bottom of the wood crossbar underneath the star wheel/rack aseembly:


The problem I'm having is that when I push the beater back, I have to press it up against Shaft 1, and press Shaft 1 back a little bit (that can't be good, right?) in order to get the star wheel to engage for the next pick. Meanwhile, the bottom of the linkage hits the floor.

I installed the linkages sticking straight down because that is where the black mark on the wood showed they have been installed in the past. But maybe I can adjust these somehow?

I tried loosening the lag screws that hold them in place (they screw into the middle of the endgrain of that cross bar), and it seems like the beater swings more easily, but I still have to move it as far back to go to the next pick. But it doesn't seem like a good idea to run the loom with those lag screws loose. Do any Weaver's Delight owners out there have opinions or experiences that might help me?

Thanks.
Laura

4 comments:

  1. You are speaking Greek to me. I have no opinion nor experience to advise, sorry. I'm sure you will figure it out, or your readers will help. but not me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found leslie & Paul @ RIVERSIDE LOOMWORKS very helpful on such matters ----- Ph: 517-663-0357 or email @ rivloom@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Point, Anonymous. She has been a big help to me too. I plan to do a post on Riverside Loomworks & all they offer us soon.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU DID A GREAT JOB ON IT TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND THOSE FOLKS ALL DO THANK-YOU-KINDLY !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete